Shaft Saver Timing Pulleys
Prevent shaft damage caused by set screws.
SHAFT SAVER VS STANDARD SET SCREWS
A SET SCREW SHOULD
- Firmly secure the timing pulley on the shaft
- Permit precise radial adjustment on timing drives
- Allow easy replacement or re-adjustment of timing pulleys in the field
A SET SCREW SHOULD NOT
- Damage or deform the shaft in any way
- Make replacement or adjustment of timing pulleys difficult or impossible
Cup point setscrews are the industry standard for securing timing pulleys to a shaft. They do, however, make a crater in the shaft, pushing material up around the tip of the screw. This can make subsequent removal of the pulley or radial adjustment almost impossible. There are ways to minimize this problem, but all require extra machining steps on the shaft and still don’t allow fine radial adjustment of the pulley. Slotted hubs are another attempt to solve this problem, but they, too, require extra machining steps and/or extra parts and are often more costly and not available from stock.
York Shaft-Savers Pulleys eliminate all these problems. They are equipped with a special copper alloy tip that completely conforms
to shafts made of any material without damaging them in any way.
- Can be delivered in all York standard pulleys at low cost and from stock
- Makes removal of pulleys or re-adjustment easy without damaging the shaft
- Holding power is not diminished by grease, oil or dirt
- Can be reused at least 10 times
- Are RoHS and REACH compatible
SHAFT-SAVER™ TIMING PULLEYS
York Shaft-Saver™ Timing Pulleys prevent the usual shaft damage caused by set screws, allowing easy replacement or re-adjustment of timing pulleys in the field.
PowerGrip GT2 AND GT3
A higher-performance tooth design for applications where accuracy is critical, such as computer printers and storage equipment, robotics, and medical diagnostic equipment.
TRUMOTION TIMING BELTS
A precision non-marking, ultra clean belt available in 2 mm GT, 3 mm GT, 3 mm HTD, 5 mm HTD, .080”, 1/5”, and 3/8” tooth profiles for use where cleanliness is critical. Made to order.